#guadec Meeting

Meeting started by benzea at 19:24:04 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. regcfp theme (benzea, 19:26:20)
  2. BoFs (benzea, 19:28:11)
  3. regcfp theme (benzea, 19:32:17)
    1. tomtryf has created a new theme for LAS (benzea, 19:33:11)
    2. ACTION: moggi to check what happened to the logo on the website (benzea, 19:38:23)
    3. ACTION: afranke to ask tomtryf whether he could look into the theming for the guadec websites (benzea, 19:38:54)

  4. keynotes (benzea, 19:39:44)
    1. ACTION: n.n. collect the keynote speaker suggestions in the wiki and present it/suggestions to the organization team (benzea, 19:46:05)
    2. ACTION: n.n. to coordinate BoFs (annoucement, scheduling, poking teams if required) (benzea, 19:47:16)
    3. deadline for keynotes: ASAP, decision next week, start contacting keynote speakers at end of next week (benzea, 19:50:03)
    4. deadline BoF: mid June (latest end of June) (benzea, 19:50:13)
    5. ACTION: mms to collect the keynote speaker suggestsions on the wiki this weekend (benzea, 19:51:05)
    6. ACTION: benzea to put information about the legal entity/contract for GUADEC 2016 into the wiki (benzea, 19:52:38)

  5. Merchandise (benzea, 19:52:49)
    1. if we print at the student print shop then the minimum feature size is 1mm (benzea, 19:56:10)
    2. ACTION: benzea to ask for an offer and info from SSV for printing t-shirts (benzea, 19:58:43)
    3. ACTION: n.n. to look into running a t-shirt design contest and write an announcement draft (benzea, 20:01:05)
    4. https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/T-shirts (pterjan, 20:01:53)
    5. we'll ask for 140 t-shirts for a start (benzea, 20:02:52)
    6. price for tshirts was about 5,90€ per shirt last year (benzea, 20:07:34)
    7. ACTION: mms will investigate sunscreen (sponsors, or cost) (afranke, 20:10:30)
    8. ACTION: muelli to investigate getting beer brewed (afranke, 20:11:12)
    9. ACTION: pterjan to ping last years shop for an offer for tshirts (benzea, 20:13:42)

  6. sponsors (benzea, 20:14:13)
    1. postponed (benzea, 20:15:07)

  7. visas (benzea, 20:15:34)
    1. https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/guadec-2016-todo (benzea, 20:16:48)
    2. http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/sid_A8E8389B170297017EA5559AB2566972/EN/EinreiseUndAufenthalt/Visabestimmungen_node.html was what I found (kittykat, 20:18:10)
    3. ACTION: moggi to create a draft invitation letter (benzea, 20:22:12)
    4. ACTION: n.n. to ensure that visa letters are send out (ask for information, sign, send), need a german for signing (benzea, 20:31:18)

  8. registration (benzea, 20:34:18)
    1. LAS registration opens today. (afranke, 20:36:59)
    2. ACTION: muelli to finalize the work on a GUADEC news feed (benzea, 20:47:43)
    3. ACTION: benzea to look into the news item translation over the weekend (benzea, 20:48:32)


Meeting ended at 20:50:00 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. moggi to check what happened to the logo on the website
  2. afranke to ask tomtryf whether he could look into the theming for the guadec websites
  3. n.n. collect the keynote speaker suggestions in the wiki and present it/suggestions to the organization team
  4. n.n. to coordinate BoFs (annoucement, scheduling, poking teams if required)
  5. mms to collect the keynote speaker suggestsions on the wiki this weekend
  6. benzea to put information about the legal entity/contract for GUADEC 2016 into the wiki
  7. benzea to ask for an offer and info from SSV for printing t-shirts
  8. n.n. to look into running a t-shirt design contest and write an announcement draft
  9. mms will investigate sunscreen (sponsors, or cost)
  10. muelli to investigate getting beer brewed
  11. pterjan to ping last years shop for an offer for tshirts
  12. moggi to create a draft invitation letter
  13. n.n. to ensure that visa letters are send out (ask for information, sign, send), need a german for signing
  14. muelli to finalize the work on a GUADEC news feed
  15. benzea to look into the news item translation over the weekend


Action items, by person

  1. afranke
    1. afranke to ask tomtryf whether he could look into the theming for the guadec websites
  2. benzea
    1. benzea to put information about the legal entity/contract for GUADEC 2016 into the wiki
    2. benzea to ask for an offer and info from SSV for printing t-shirts
    3. benzea to look into the news item translation over the weekend
  3. mms
    1. mms to collect the keynote speaker suggestsions on the wiki this weekend
    2. mms will investigate sunscreen (sponsors, or cost)
  4. moggi
    1. moggi to check what happened to the logo on the website
    2. moggi to create a draft invitation letter
  5. muelli
    1. muelli to investigate getting beer brewed
    2. muelli to finalize the work on a GUADEC news feed
  6. pterjan
    1. pterjan to ping last years shop for an offer for tshirts
  7. UNASSIGNED
    1. n.n. collect the keynote speaker suggestions in the wiki and present it/suggestions to the organization team
    2. n.n. to coordinate BoFs (annoucement, scheduling, poking teams if required)
    3. n.n. to look into running a t-shirt design contest and write an announcement draft
    4. n.n. to ensure that visa letters are send out (ask for information, sign, send), need a german for signing


People present (lines said)

  1. benzea (223)
  2. kittykat (85)
  3. afranke (42)
  4. muelli (35)
  5. mms (15)
  6. pterjan (9)
  7. moggi (6)
  8. nuritzis (3)
  9. GNOMie (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.