#guadec Meeting

Meeting started by benzea at 20:20:22 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. LinuxTag e.V. call (benzea, 20:22:33)
    1. kittykat and benzea had a call with LinuxTag e.V. earlier today (benzea, 20:23:13)
    2. contract should be finalized by the mid of the month (benzea, 20:24:39)

  2. Code of Conduct (benzea, 20:27:59)
    1. https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20160223 (afranke, 20:29:44)
    2. we're okay with the current CoC, but think that it's sad that such a statement is needed. (muelli, 20:46:54)
    3. AGREED: we will use the current CoC for GUADEC 2016 (benzea, 20:47:20)

  3. Sponsors (benzea, 20:47:50)
    1. contacted sponsors. no response so far. except.. suse and intel. following up.. (muelli, 20:52:42)
    2. now looking for ideas to substantiate the claim that we are good for companies to find talented students (muelli, 20:53:09)
    3. we've contacted the tourism board and they've given contacts to other charities to ask for money... and they will provide brochures (to be put into the bags) about what to do in BaWue. needs to be followed up. (muelli, 21:07:25)
    4. http://benjamin.sipsolutions.net/perks.pdf (benzea, 21:11:12)
    5. ACTION: muelli to write to guadec-list/engagement-list about student sales pitch (benzea, 21:23:17)

  4. CfP (benzea, 21:24:19)
    1. kittykat is putting together a paper team and will send out a CfP in about two weeks (benzea, 21:24:55)

  5. workshops/keynotes (benzea, 21:25:10)
  6. misc (benzea, 21:26:31)
    1. moggi will also look into talking to hotels for non-sponsored people (benzea, 21:26:52)


Meeting ended at 21:29:15 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. muelli to write to guadec-list/engagement-list about student sales pitch


Action items, by person

  1. muelli
    1. muelli to write to guadec-list/engagement-list about student sales pitch


People present (lines said)

  1. benzea (138)
  2. muelli (54)
  3. afranke (36)
  4. sils (4)
  5. GNOMie (4)
  6. moggi (0)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.