#guadec Meeting

Meeting started by benzea at 20:20:17 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Video (benzea, 20:20:28)
    1. the VOC team may not have people around for GUADEC (benzea, 20:21:18)
    2. florolf said that 3 hours on the day before would be good for them (benzea, 20:22:15)
    3. https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2016/Video (benzea, 20:22:32)
    4. ACTION: CCC VOC team needs to be pinged again later (benzea, 20:23:17)

  2. core days venue times (benzea, 20:23:37)
    1. ACTION: benzea to ask florolf about time for setup (benzea, 20:36:08)
    2. AGREED: we prefer setting up in the morning if this works for the video team (benzea, 20:37:49)
    3. AGREED: core days 9:30 to 19:30, except on friday 8:00 (if we can get away without setup time on thursday) (benzea, 20:41:33)

  3. contracts (benzea, 20:41:57)
    1. LinuxTag is reviewing the contractual stuff internally right now (benzea, 20:43:12)
    2. there will be a telco next wednesday (benzea, 20:43:20)
    3. we can go ahead and get the university to make the venue contract in their name (benzea, 20:43:48)
    4. ACTION: benzea to get contract from the university asap (benzea, 20:44:23)

  4. accomodation (benzea, 20:45:10)
    1. ACTION: moggi to look into accomodation booking for sponsored people (after 10th of march) (benzea, 20:46:03)

  5. keynotes (benzea, 20:46:19)
    1. so far we have two suggestions (benzea, 20:46:31)

  6. workshops (benzea, 20:48:08)
    1. there are 3-4 workshops we can likely offer (benzea, 20:49:14)
    2. some help is needed for workshop management (benzea, 21:01:43)
    3. we need a registration system (benzea, 21:01:47)
    4. AGREED: general consensus is that it makes sense to have mandatory payments professional attendees (benzea, 21:10:26)
    5. we won't ask for donations directly for workshops, even with people attending for free (benzea, 21:13:39)
    6. ACTION: benzea to make sure workshops get discussed again later (benzea, 21:15:55)

  7. code of conduct (benzea, 21:17:39)
    1. ACTION: everyone please have a look at the coc that is on the website right now and comment on whether they are fine with it (benzea, 21:20:12)

  8. sponsors (benzea, 21:21:39)
    1. we will need to postpone (benzea, 21:21:48)
    2. help in writing to sponsors and finding contact information is always needed (benzea, 21:22:00)

  9. announcement (benzea, 21:22:55)
    1. benzea has talked to the engagement team (benzea, 21:23:09)
    2. help with twitter feed would be welcome (benzea, 21:25:36)
    3. https://2016.guadec.org/travel/ (benzea, 21:26:18)
    4. website has been mostly updated, should still get some improvements (e.g. map, links to bahn.de search) (benzea, 21:26:57)
    5. ACTION: embed/link to a better map (benzea, 21:28:03)

  10. website (benzea, 21:28:30)
    1. http://wp-osm-plugin.hanblog.net/add-a-map-with-marker-and-html-popup-in-wordpress/ (afranke, 21:28:56)
    2. AGREED: regcfp will be our software for registration and CfP unless this should be revisited for good reasons next week (benzea, 21:32:57)

  11. misc (benzea, 21:34:18)
    1. ACTION: andreasn will be doing badges for us soon (benzea, 21:34:37)
    2. we have some initial information about visa letters on the wiki (german), next step will be making some draft letters (benzea, 21:35:08)
    3. ACTION: benzea to put sponsorship perks and student sales pitch on next agenda (benzea, 21:37:12)


Meeting ended at 21:38:44 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. CCC VOC team needs to be pinged again later
  2. benzea to ask florolf about time for setup
  3. benzea to get contract from the university asap
  4. moggi to look into accomodation booking for sponsored people (after 10th of march)
  5. benzea to make sure workshops get discussed again later
  6. everyone please have a look at the coc that is on the website right now and comment on whether they are fine with it
  7. embed/link to a better map
  8. andreasn will be doing badges for us soon
  9. benzea to put sponsorship perks and student sales pitch on next agenda


Action items, by person

  1. benzea
    1. benzea to ask florolf about time for setup
    2. benzea to get contract from the university asap
    3. benzea to make sure workshops get discussed again later
    4. benzea to put sponsorship perks and student sales pitch on next agenda
  2. moggi
    1. moggi to look into accomodation booking for sponsored people (after 10th of march)
  3. UNASSIGNED
    1. CCC VOC team needs to be pinged again later
    2. everyone please have a look at the coc that is on the website right now and comment on whether they are fine with it
    3. embed/link to a better map
    4. andreasn will be doing badges for us soon


People present (lines said)

  1. benzea (190)
  2. afranke (32)
  3. sils_ (18)
  4. moggi (10)
  5. GNOMie (2)
  6. puiterwijk (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.