#guadec Meeting

Meeting started by skymandr at 18:02:02 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 1 Finances (skymandr, 18:05:46)
    1. mattiasb was asked to contact Skatteverket, the Swedish tax authorities, regarding taxes for guadec. (skymandr, 18:07:00)
    2. ACTION: andreasn will coordinate with mattiasb regarding taxes. (skymandr, 18:08:15)
    3. We need to decide whether to use the services of FFKP or to manage finances ourselves. (skymandr, 18:09:12)
    4. according to Leif-Jöran, organizer of FSCONS, taxes shouldn't be a problem (andreasn, 18:10:04)
    5. ACTION: oliverp to check the terms with FFKP (oliverp, 18:18:06)
    6. ACTION: oliverp will coordinate with FFKP and ask them for a concrete offer on what services they can provice and what that would cost us until next meeting. (skymandr, 18:18:18)
    7. There is money coming in to the organisation, but we need to sort ut bank details before they can get all teh way. (skymandr, 18:22:21)

  2. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 2 Call for papers (skymandr, 18:22:32)
    1. http://guadecregcfp-patrick.rhcloud.com/ <-- comments welcome (puiterwijk, 18:23:39)
    2. http://guadecregcfp-patrick.rhcloud.com/ <-- comments welcome (skymandr, 18:23:54)
    3. puiterwijk says the system for paper submissions is all but ready. (skymandr, 18:24:26)
    4. During FOSDEM, Kat volunteered to coordinate papers. Thank you Kat! (skymandr, 18:27:48)
    5. ACTION: People interested in volunteering with coordinating papers are asked to contact Kat. (skymandr, 18:29:59)
    6. Kat planned on announcing the call for papers soon. This discussion is deferred to the mailing list. (skymandr, 18:30:30)
    7. ACTION: fabiana will send an email regarding call for paper timelines discussion. (skymandr, 18:31:10)

  3. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 3 Visa letters (skymandr, 18:31:17)
    1. there is a template for invitation letters for visa purposes on the wiki. (skymandr, 18:36:54)
    2. https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Invitations (fabiana, 18:36:54)
    3. https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Invitations (skymandr, 18:37:05)
    4. AGREED: letters of support/invitation will not mention financing or sponsorship of travel and/or accomodation this year. (skymandr, 18:44:00)

  4. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 4 Venue and BoFs (skymandr, 18:45:19)
    1. Do we have any updates on Humanisten? (skymandr, 18:45:34)
    2. ACTION: andreasn will email ljo (skymandr, 18:46:58)

  5. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 5 Sponsors (skymandr, 18:49:23)
    1. Google sponsorship confirmed. (oliverp, 18:49:32)
    2. Karen are the contact for the Google sponsorship and have details about it (oliverp, 18:49:45)
    3. OwnCloud is our first sponsor. (skymandr, 18:51:07)
    4. We need to confirm Leif Jöran's sponsorship. (skymandr, 18:51:31)
    5. https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Sponsors (andreasn, 18:51:57)
    6. https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Sponsors (andreasn, 18:52:04)
    7. ACTION: andreasn will ask ljo about his sponsoring guadec. (skymandr, 18:53:35)
    8. We need a plan to reach out to local sponsors. Basically have one or two people be responsible for sending a email template + brochure to potential sponsors. (skymandr, 18:53:43)
    9. I'm ready to start contact potential local sponsors (oliverp, 18:55:02)
    10. https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Sponsors (andreasn, 18:58:22)
    11. ACTION: oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors (skymandr, 18:58:23)
    12. ACTION: fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help with helping. (skymandr, 18:59:12)
    13. We should start adding confirmed logos to the site. (skymandr, 18:59:48)
    14. ACTION: andreas will start using the confirmed logos for great justice. (skymandr, 19:00:35)

  6. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 6 Other (skymandr, 19:00:42)
  7. GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 7 Next meeting. (skymandr, 19:01:46)
    1. AGREED: next meeting 30th MArch, 18 UTC (skymandr, 19:04:48)
    2. today Douglas Adams would have turned 63. (skymandr, 19:05:34)
    3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOoJmDCV64 (skymandr, 19:06:07)


Meeting ended at 19:06:30 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. andreasn will coordinate with mattiasb regarding taxes.
  2. oliverp to check the terms with FFKP
  3. oliverp will coordinate with FFKP and ask them for a concrete offer on what services they can provice and what that would cost us until next meeting.
  4. People interested in volunteering with coordinating papers are asked to contact Kat.
  5. fabiana will send an email regarding call for paper timelines discussion.
  6. andreasn will email ljo
  7. andreasn will ask ljo about his sponsoring guadec.
  8. oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors
  9. fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help with helping.
  10. andreas will start using the confirmed logos for great justice.


Action items, by person

  1. andreasn
    1. andreasn will coordinate with mattiasb regarding taxes.
    2. andreasn will email ljo
    3. andreasn will ask ljo about his sponsoring guadec.
    4. oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors
  2. fabiana
    1. fabiana will send an email regarding call for paper timelines discussion.
    2. fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help with helping.
  3. oliverp
    1. oliverp to check the terms with FFKP
    2. oliverp will coordinate with FFKP and ask them for a concrete offer on what services they can provice and what that would cost us until next meeting.
    3. oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors
  4. skymandr
    1. fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help with helping.
  5. UNASSIGNED
    1. People interested in volunteering with coordinating papers are asked to contact Kat.
    2. andreas will start using the confirmed logos for great justice.


People present (lines said)

  1. skymandr (156)
  2. andreasn (83)
  3. fabiana (55)
  4. oliverp (51)
  5. afranke (9)
  6. karen (9)
  7. puiterwijk (5)
  8. teuf (3)
  9. Services (2)
  10. pterjan (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.