#guadec: GUADEC 2014 organization meeting for June 16th 2014

Meeting started by afranke at 13:02:40 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Status update (afranke, 13:03:53)
    1. ACTION: afranke to contact FEC with detailed needs for accommodation (afranke, 13:09:09)
    2. AGREED: 55 rooms will be sold at 25€ a night (afranke, 13:17:05)
    3. The legal entity is Linux Logistique (afranke, 13:17:38)
    4. http://strasbourg.linuxfr.org/lilo/index information about Linux Logistique (LiLo) (afranke, 13:18:32)
    5. AGREED: Lycée Jean Rostand for football, parc de la citadelle for basket-ball (afranke, 13:33:13)

  2. Talks schedule (afranke, 13:37:07)
    1. Talks schedule almost done, should be posted soon (afranke, 13:40:09)
    2. Nathan Willis has been confirmed as a keynoter (afranke, 13:42:02)
    3. AGREED: We're only doing three keynotes. (afranke, 13:47:26)
    4. ACTION: kittykat to post to the list about having only 3 keynotes (afranke, 13:48:20)
    5. ACTION: kittykat to discuss options for the fourth slot with the committee (afranke, 13:51:48)
    6. ACTION: afranke to try to reach out to Le Coq Sportif to get them to sponsor the sport event. (afranke, 13:57:03)

  3. Volunteers coordination. (afranke, 13:58:11)
    1. ACTION: afranke to ask Shivani if she wants to be the coordinator. (afranke, 14:03:48)
    2. ACTION: afranke to get someone from the LUG to help with volunteer coordination (afranke, 14:04:08)

  4. Website (afranke, 14:04:34)
    1. andreas found someone to help with the PHP. (afranke, 14:08:08)
    2. ACTION: pterjan to give a hand with payment setup on the website. (afranke, 14:11:14)

  5. Sponsors (afranke, 14:11:36)
  6. Merchandise (afranke, 14:25:17)
    1. We requested a quote from GraphyWest (afranke, 14:25:34)
    2. afranke is waiting for a quote for lanyards and bagde holders from a local company (afranke, 14:26:58)

  7. Visas (afranke, 14:37:52)
    1. marina finished the letter templates and got them signed (afranke, 14:38:30)
    2. marina and two volunteers are working on gathering the details and sending invitations (afranke, 14:38:54)

  8. Open floor (afranke, 14:39:04)
    1. ACTION: liberforce to talk to the engagement team about bring back the U in GUADEC (afranke, 15:00:46)
    2. http://eventespresso.com/features/event-registration/ (andreasn, 15:06:32)


Meeting ended at 15:16:48 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. afranke to contact FEC with detailed needs for accommodation
  2. kittykat to post to the list about having only 3 keynotes
  3. kittykat to discuss options for the fourth slot with the committee
  4. afranke to try to reach out to Le Coq Sportif to get them to sponsor the sport event.
  5. afranke to ask Shivani if she wants to be the coordinator.
  6. afranke to get someone from the LUG to help with volunteer coordination
  7. pterjan to give a hand with payment setup on the website.
  8. liberforce to talk to the engagement team about bring back the U in GUADEC


Action items, by person

  1. afranke
    1. afranke to contact FEC with detailed needs for accommodation
    2. afranke to try to reach out to Le Coq Sportif to get them to sponsor the sport event.
    3. afranke to ask Shivani if she wants to be the coordinator.
    4. afranke to get someone from the LUG to help with volunteer coordination
  2. kittykat
    1. kittykat to post to the list about having only 3 keynotes
    2. kittykat to discuss options for the fourth slot with the committee
  3. liberforce
    1. liberforce to talk to the engagement team about bring back the U in GUADEC
  4. pterjan
    1. pterjan to give a hand with payment setup on the website.


People present (lines said)

  1. afranke (202)
  2. kittykat (51)
  3. liberforce (30)
  4. pterjan (24)
  5. andreasn (19)
  6. fabiana (12)
  7. bastianilso (7)
  8. fredp (5)
  9. rtcm (3)
  10. muelli_ (3)
  11. teuf (2)
  12. Services (2)
  13. fidencio (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.