#engagement Meeting

Meeting started by sri at 16:13:33 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. debconf (sri, 16:13:54)
    1. talk on default desktop - setup a wiki page with the list of pros and cons being mae. Decision will be made in 6 weeks. (sri, 16:21:06)
    2. from multiple sources say, high liklihood of choosing GNOME based on selection criteria, but likely only on x86 platform (sri, 16:21:40)
    3. talked iwth HP, had good fruitful talks about invigorating the HP dekstop (sri, 16:27:46)
    4. will have a discussion with the R&D director at HP regarding GNOME (sri, 16:28:09)
    5. Valve guys were happy to work with GNOME on applicattion sandboxing, will like to participate in west coast hackfest (sri, 16:33:52)
    6. segue about SMACK and GNOME from this discussion (sri, 16:34:11)
    7. GNOME runtime is a great example of technical leadership (sri, 16:34:28)
    8. aday says we were right the whole time :D (sri, 16:35:57)

  2. 3.14 PI release (sri, 16:46:54)
    1. 3.14 release notes are in progress (although a little behind schedule) (aday, 16:47:27)
    2. ACTION: send email to companies to get quotes - aday: ibm and dreamworks sri: valve (sri, 16:51:41)
    3. bastian is moving swiftly to complete the video (sri, 16:54:06)
    4. ACTION: sri to write an opensource.com article to support the release, talk about our stack. Work with Matthias and Jasper as well as use the release notes (sri, 17:01:12)

  3. hackfests (sri, 17:08:01)


Meeting ended at 17:18:41 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. send email to companies to get quotes - aday: ibm and dreamworks sri: valve
  2. sri to write an opensource.com article to support the release, talk about our stack. Work with Matthias and Jasper as well as use the release notes


Action items, by person

  1. aday
    1. send email to companies to get quotes - aday: ibm and dreamworks sri: valve
  2. sri
    1. send email to companies to get quotes - aday: ibm and dreamworks sri: valve
    2. sri to write an opensource.com article to support the release, talk about our stack. Work with Matthias and Jasper as well as use the release notes


People present (lines said)

  1. sri (146)
  2. aday (62)
  3. oliverp_ (44)
  4. ikey|away (18)
  5. andreasn-away (6)
  6. Services (2)
  7. andreasn (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.