#engagement Meeting

Meeting started by aday at 16:06:47 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. action items from last meeting (aday, 16:09:20)
    1. AGREED: no follow up items this week (aday, 16:11:21)

  2. review upcoming events (aday, 16:11:43)
    1. Linuxcon Europe was mentioned on the mailing list - https://mail.gnome.org/archives/engagement-list/2014-July/msg00004.html (aday, 16:12:36)
    2. Linuxcon Europe CFP closes on July 13 (aday, 16:13:21)
    3. https://fscons.org/2014/ (oliverp, 16:14:24)
    4. Flock starts on 6 August in Prague. the CFP has already closed - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock (aday, 16:14:31)
    5. FSCONS starts 31 October in Gothenburg. the CFP has already closed - https://fscons.org/2014/cfp/ (aday, 16:15:31)
    6. there is still some scope to submit talks for FSCONS (aday, 16:17:10)
    7. http://seagl.org/ (oliverp, 16:18:43)
    8. http://www.oscon.com/oscon2014 is in July (oliverp, 16:20:36)
    9. SeaGL starts 24 October in Seattle. CFP closes July 27 - http://seagl.org/ (aday, 16:20:45)
    10. https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/DebConf14 (oliverp, 16:23:16)
    11. DebConf starts August 23 in Portland. The CFP is closed (might be a soft deadline) - http://debconf14.debconf.org/ (aday, 16:24:29)
    12. ACTION: oliverp to mail engagement and foundation lists with upcoming conference details (aday, 16:27:47)

  3. publicity for gnome.asia 2014 (aday, 16:28:08)
    1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yF7-pCdE_V91AMS0mU6IbA8L_vh0kVU60W_eNNafH04/edit (oliverp, 16:29:09)
    2. press/release report from asia summit 2014 is finally ready (oliverp, 16:30:32)
    3. ACTION: use the gnome.asia press release for the next annual report (aday, 16:34:34)
    4. ACTION: spend some time thinking about how to make this into a viable news post (aday, 16:35:13)

  4. annual report next steps (aday, 16:36:24)
    1. andreas is working on finishing the report (aday, 16:37:29)
    2. help with proofreading is needed (aday, 16:38:32)
    3. https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2014/Releases (andreasn, 16:39:02)
    4. andreas could do with a hand with his article about the 3.8, 3.10 and 3.12 releases - https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2014/Releases (aday, 16:41:41)
    5. we also have the deadline for karen's letter this week, not sure how that is going (oliverp, 16:42:06)
    6. goal is to have the annual report printed for guadec (aday, 16:44:02)
    7. printing takes at least a week (aday, 16:44:38)
    8. ACTION: aday to help with the releases article (aday, 16:49:29)
    9. ACTION: muelli, aday, andreas to work out printing between them (aday, 16:50:34)
    10. ACTION: final copy of the report needs to be completed by the end of this week / beginning of next (aday, 16:50:56)
    11. ACTION: oliverp to chase karen about the letter (aday, 16:51:17)

  5. guadec marketing (aday, 16:51:42)
    1. aday wrote a news piece this week (aday, 16:51:52)
    2. Deindre agreed to interview keynote speakers (aday, 16:52:05)
    3. ACTION: aday to follow up with Deindre (aday, 16:52:13)
    4. we are still looking for people to help write news stories (aday, 16:52:33)
    5. someone could interview the local organisers, possibly (aday, 16:52:52)

  6. we need ideas for stories and/or social media posts (aday, 16:53:24)
    1. IDEA: create a documentary video during the conference (aday, 16:59:10)
    2. ACTION: draw up a marketing plan for the conference days (aday, 16:59:51)


Meeting ended at 17:03:39 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. oliverp to mail engagement and foundation lists with upcoming conference details
  2. use the gnome.asia press release for the next annual report
  3. spend some time thinking about how to make this into a viable news post
  4. aday to help with the releases article
  5. muelli, aday, andreas to work out printing between them
  6. final copy of the report needs to be completed by the end of this week / beginning of next
  7. oliverp to chase karen about the letter
  8. aday to follow up with Deindre
  9. draw up a marketing plan for the conference days


Action items, by person

  1. aday
    1. aday to help with the releases article
    2. muelli, aday, andreas to work out printing between them
    3. aday to follow up with Deindre
  2. muelli
    1. muelli, aday, andreas to work out printing between them
  3. oliverp
    1. oliverp to mail engagement and foundation lists with upcoming conference details
    2. oliverp to chase karen about the letter
  4. UNASSIGNED
    1. use the gnome.asia press release for the next annual report
    2. spend some time thinking about how to make this into a viable news post
    3. final copy of the report needs to be completed by the end of this week / beginning of next
    4. draw up a marketing plan for the conference days


People present (lines said)

  1. aday (84)
  2. oliverp (68)
  3. andreasn (23)
  4. muelli (23)
  5. fabiana (4)
  6. afranke (2)
  7. Services (2)
  8. hashem (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.