#engagement Meeting

Meeting started by aday at 19:05:43 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. 3.12 Release Feedback (aday, 19:06:24)
    1. AGREED: Pre-release blog posts helped to promote 3.12 - something to push again. (aday, 19:12:30)
    2. AGREED: The release video was a big boost - also something to repeat. (aday, 19:12:48)
    3. IDEA: Publicise the positive reaction to gedit and totem. Use this to encourage more app developers to adopt GNOME 3 design patterns. (aday, 19:13:56)
    4. IDEA: Start writing the press release earlier. (aday, 19:16:53)
    5. IDEA: In future releases we should give more thought to post-release publicity - there should be a more sustained social media campaign. (aday, 19:18:10)

  2. Engagement Hackfest at Boston Summit 2014 (aday, 19:21:14)
    1. AGREED: Boston Summit seems like a good location for the next Engagement Team Hackfest (aday, 19:26:04)
    2. AGREED: Need to make sure that people are aware of the idea to have a hackfest then. (aday, 19:26:29)

  3. Friends of GNOME (aday, 19:28:21)
  4. Upcoming Events (aday, 19:32:07)
    1. https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/ (jjmarin, 19:32:49)
    2. AGREED: We should do some publicity work for the upcoming Developer Experience Hackfest (April 29 - May 1) (aday, 19:39:19)
    3. AGREED: Should plan publicity for GNOME.Asia (MAY 24-25). (aday, 19:41:24)
    4. AGREED: We should publicise the GUADEC CfP. (aday, 19:44:59)
    5. IDEA: Advertise the Ubuntu GNOME release planned for 17 April? (aday, 19:45:21)

  5. Enterprise engagement at the distribution level. (aday, 19:50:50)
    1. AGREED: Alex to get his enterprise initiative started within the Engagement Team, then go from there. (aday, 20:02:48)


Meeting ended at 20:05:48 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. aday (87)
  2. oliverp_ (56)
  3. alxgrtnstrngl (35)
  4. jjmarin (28)
  5. hashem (16)
  6. Services (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.