#buildstream-meetings: Monthly Team Meeting

Meeting started by ltu at 14:04:21 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Actions from last meeting (ltu, 14:06:06)
    1. ACTION: ssam2 Work out new proposal for GPG signing (ltu, 14:11:25)
    2. GPG signing to be carried forward and land in the next cycle (ltu, 14:12:05)
    3. tristan Update HACKING.rst with feature acceptance policy: not done yet (ltu, 14:13:33)
    4. ACTION: tristan Update HACKING.rst with feature acceptance policy (ltu, 14:13:50)

  2. Key Features currently in flight (ltu, 14:14:12)
    1. angelos is currently looking, in a broad sense, at performance, see https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/136 for the general idea. ssam2 to collaborate once this is ready for general release (ltu, 14:21:50)
    2. improvements in element state handling and WIP incremental build support !126 are contributing towards a quicker build-compile cycle time (ltu, 14:25:02)
    3. we'll not branch before 1.0, which will be soon as there are no real blockers now (ltu, 14:25:23)

  3. Build orchestration and distribution (ltu, 14:26:40)
    1. for distributed builds, a design / implementation plan should be discussed on the mailing list (ltu, 14:42:41)
    2. ACTION: sstriker Send outline mail on distributed builds to buildstream-list (ssam2, 14:52:33)
    3. ACTION: sstriker to post an initial write up of how to approach distributed builds to the mailing list (ltu, 15:22:05)


Meeting ended at 15:23:40 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. ssam2 Work out new proposal for GPG signing
  2. tristan Update HACKING.rst with feature acceptance policy
  3. sstriker Send outline mail on distributed builds to buildstream-list
  4. sstriker to post an initial write up of how to approach distributed builds to the mailing list


Action items, by person

  1. ssam2
    1. ssam2 Work out new proposal for GPG signing
  2. sstriker
    1. sstriker Send outline mail on distributed builds to buildstream-list
    2. sstriker to post an initial write up of how to approach distributed builds to the mailing list


People present (lines said)

  1. ltu (41)
  2. ssam2 (39)
  3. juergbi (23)
  4. sstriker (22)
  5. angelos (14)
  6. tlater (2)
  7. jonathanmaw (2)
  8. GNOMie (2)
  9. dplayle (2)
  10. paulsherwood (1)
  11. gokcennurlu (1)
  12. AntoineWacheux (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.