#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by infapi00 at 14:05:14 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.16.X/3.17 (infapi00, 14:05:56)
    1. About the two bugs pending mentioned last week, there is one good news, one bad news (infapi00, 14:06:29)
    2. Bug 746670 was not solved in time for 3.16.1 (infapi00, 14:06:51)
    3. that means that there is a major regression on gnome 3.16.X if using wayland (infapi00, 14:07:09)
    4. that was the bad news (infapi00, 14:07:14)
    5. bug 746706 got solved (infapi00, 14:07:33)
    6. kudos to joanie for following gtk maintainers to get it solved (infapi00, 14:08:35)
    7. https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?h=gtk-3-16&id=f323633883f8d30406661177dd914db51cb56323 (joanie, 14:09:02)
    8. this bug fix will be included on GNOME 3.16.2 release (infapi00, 14:09:28)
    9. correction of previous: it will be included on gtk 3.16.2, that it will be the one likely be included on GNOME 3.16.1 (infapi00, 14:10:46)
    10. Matthias and Benjamin seem to think backporting it to Gtk+ 3.14 is a good idea too (joanie, 14:11:17)
    11. fmuellner (one of gnome-shell developers) pointed bug 747205 today (infapi00, 14:12:36)
    12. there is a fix candidate here: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/211814/91897142/ (infapi00, 14:12:49)
    13. that fix is simple enough to be included on GNOME 3.16.2 (infapi00, 14:13:07)
    14. but it has some problems (infapi00, 14:13:23)
    15. with the current behaviour, there is no proper focus support, so although you can focus on the banner (infapi00, 14:13:48)
    16. then you can�t focus to the text entry to answer (infapi00, 14:13:56)
    17. orca users would be able to read the notification, but not to answer (so they would need to alt+tab to empathy) (infapi00, 14:14:18)
    18. if that "fix" is applied, the one receiving the focus would be the text entry, but orca users would not be notified of the banner content (infapi00, 14:14:49)
    19. so I told fmuellner to maintain the current behaviour, and we would try to check it, and find a full solution (infapi00, 14:15:40)
    20. this "we will try to check" has the risk of being too late, or getting a complex solution, that would need to be included on 3.17 (infapi00, 14:16:32)
    21. ACTION: joanie will take a look to the notification bug, in order to give a final answer to florian as soon as possible (infapi00, 14:24:45)

  2. W3C updates (infapi00, 14:26:03)
    1. Issues regarding including "DPub" roles values. (clown, 14:27:19)
    2. DPub roles are for describing the parts of a book or article, e.g. "forward" (clown, 14:27:41)
    3. Draft spec is here: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html (clown, 14:28:12)
    4. DPub is a working group for adding these semantics to ARIA and the web. (clown, 14:28:34)
    5. The two main isseus are: (1) whether to prefix dpub roles with "dpub-". (clown, 14:28:47)
    6. For example: role="dpub-forward" vs. role="forward" (clown, 14:28:56)
    7. currently, the plan is to *not* use the dpub- prefix, but there are objections to that. (clown, 14:29:15)
    8. (2) The dpu role "abstract" might be confused with abstract roles. (clown, 14:29:33)
    9. The debate is whether to change the name of the dpub "abstract" role value to something else, like "summary". (clown, 14:29:55)
    10. Other issues summarized here: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Apr/0152.html (clown, 14:30:10)
    11. There is an upcoming joint telecon between PFWG and the DPub group on Apr 22. (clown, 14:30:51)
    12. DPub is an attempt to capture epub semantics: http://www.idpf.org/epub/vocab/structure/ (clown, 14:32:44)

  3. Marketing (infapi00, 14:39:27)
    1. no news this week, sorry (jjmarin, 14:39:45)

  4. Miscellaneous time (infapi00, 14:39:59)
    1. infapi00 will send an email to ml announcing the stop of weekly meetings by default (infapi00, 14:57:48)


Meeting ended at 15:00:33 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. joanie will take a look to the notification bug, in order to give a final answer to florian as soon as possible


Action items, by person

  1. joanie
    1. joanie will take a look to the notification bug, in order to give a final answer to florian as soon as possible


People present (lines said)

  1. infapi00 (119)
  2. joanie (55)
  3. clown (40)
  4. jjmarin (16)
  5. mgorse (5)
  6. Services (5)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.