15:07:07 <infapi00> #startmeeting
15:07:07 <Services> Meeting started Thu Mar 19 15:07:07 2015 UTC.  The chair is infapi00. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:07:07 <Services> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:07:16 <infapi00> #topic Progress towards 3.16
15:07:22 <infapi00> #info this week was 3.15.92 release
15:07:33 <infapi00> #info hard code freeze starts now
15:07:57 <infapi00> #info that means that any change to be included on the 3.15/3.16 cycle needs to be approved
15:08:41 <infapi00> #info jjmarin was kind enough to make a quick review of the accessibility status of the new notification are at gnome-shell
15:08:48 <infapi00> #info he found this bug 745393
15:08:59 <Services> 04Bug http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745393 normal, Normal, ---, gnome-shell-maint, NEW , World clocks buttons seem not accessible in the calendar/notication area
15:08:59 <infapi00> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745393
15:09:09 <Services> 04Bug 745393: normal, Normal, ---, gnome-shell-maint, NEW , World clocks buttons seem not accessible in the calendar/notication area
15:09:34 <infapi00> #info florian included a workaround to have something like a label
15:09:48 <infapi00> #info although ideally navigation on the content would be the real solution
15:10:22 <infapi00> #info in any case, it is not really a big deal right now, as the clock application is largely non keynav
15:10:36 <infapi00> I have the feeling that I already explained this on the last meeting
15:10:38 <infapi00> but just in case
15:11:11 <infapi00> #info in summary: no big surprises till now, and as usual the app that is including more stuff at the moment is orca
15:11:13 * clown doesn't remember; too long ago
15:11:14 <jjmarin> I think it's the first time you inform of this
15:11:23 <infapi00> jjmarin, ok
15:11:31 <infapi00> well, in any case
15:11:33 <infapi00> I finished
15:11:45 <infapi00> something else to add, questions doubts, on this topic?
15:13:06 <infapi00> I assume that not
15:13:07 <infapi00> so
15:13:12 <infapi00> #topic W3C updates
15:13:14 <infapi00> clown?
15:13:20 <clown> hi there..
15:13:33 <clown> #info The first public working draft (FPWD) of the SVG mapping spec was released Feb 26:  http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/4442
15:13:48 <clown> #info The FPWD for the HTML spec is in process, for release in late March or early April: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/html-aam/html-aam.html
15:14:32 <clown> #info New draft for DPUB:  http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/dpub-aam/dpub-aam.html#intro
15:14:51 <clown> Minor advancements:
15:14:58 <clown> #info The mappings for role="switch" have been added to the core mapping spec.  See: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-switch
15:15:04 <clown> #info Likewise, the mappings for role="searchbox".  See: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-searchbox
15:15:40 <clown> #info There is a lot of discussion of new properties for partially loaded tables and grids to say what part of the table/grid is loaded.
15:15:59 <clown> #info The email thread starts here: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Mar/0009.html
15:16:04 <clown> done, questions?
15:16:15 <infapi00> about the table
15:16:22 <infapi00> so it is about having a state "loading"
15:16:31 <clown> not quite.
15:16:38 <infapi00> or about specifying (micromanaging) what part of the table is no tloaded yet?
15:16:57 <clown> If there is a large data set, say, a 10,000 entry tableā€¦
15:17:28 <clown> And the web app loads only a small set of these, say 100 rows, for the user to interact with ...
15:17:48 <clown> when the user scrolls beyond the set that is loaded, more rows are fetched as needed.
15:18:35 <clown> Then, the table markup will need to indicate how many rows and columns there are in total, which rows are loaded, and which columns and loaded
15:18:53 <clown> since you cannot infer that from the table markup that is present in the DOM.
15:19:35 <infapi00> so yes, it seems that a lot of micromanaging would be involved
15:19:35 <clown> So, the proposal is to add aria-rowcount, aria-colcound, aria-rowindex, and aria-colindex.
15:21:10 <clown> When an AT user focuses on a cell, the a11y API has to say what the real row/column is, based on the aria-* attributes.
15:21:14 <infapi00> rowcount of total rows? rowcount of total loaded rows?
15:21:26 <infapi00> what is real in this case?
15:21:29 <clown> rowcount is the total number of rows in the full data set.
15:21:47 <infapi00> so real as including all the table, not just the loaded rows
15:21:49 <clown> you can get the number of loaded rows directly from the markup.
15:21:58 <clown> right, infapi00
15:22:19 <clown> it's like "you are looking at row 5 of 1000."
15:22:25 <infapi00> ok
15:24:00 <infapi00> and that ok was a way to say, "thanks, no more questions from my side"
15:24:05 <infapi00> so any other one have questions?
15:26:00 <clown> *crickets*
15:26:04 <infapi00> seems that no
15:26:09 <infapi00> #topic Marketing
15:26:12 <infapi00> jjmarin, ?
15:27:56 <jjmarin> hi
15:28:35 <jjmarin> #info the release notes for 3.16 were closed, this time we don't have presence there AFAIK
15:29:01 <jjmarin> #info the only pending work in the text for the annual report
15:29:17 <jjmarin> #info https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/AnnualReport/2014/A11yReport
15:29:37 <jjmarin> AFAIK, nobody has updated
15:30:06 <jjmarin> I hope joanie thinks is correct the text I added about ORca
15:30:07 <infapi00> well, seems enough for a summary
15:30:20 <infapi00> and probably it going to be even more summarized
15:30:43 <infapi00> jjmarin, well, I will ping joanie later about that
15:30:49 <infapi00> she is right now on a different meeting
15:30:59 <jjmarin> I'll add something about Documents excepted form the meeting logs and infapi00 post
15:31:13 <infapi00> blame the non-standarized timezone changes
15:31:18 <jjmarin> ok, I'll ping later on
15:31:23 <infapi00> ok
15:31:34 <jjmarin> USA is even more strange now :-)
15:31:34 <infapi00> thanks for the job
15:31:38 <jjmarin> np
15:31:56 <jjmarin> done!
15:32:03 <infapi00> sorry, I can't talk about USA or Canada, would be unpolite
15:32:13 <clown> hee hee
15:32:20 <infapi00> americans and canadians already make fun of themselves enough in any case
15:32:33 <infapi00> well, and this seems a good bridge to
15:32:34 <clown> darn straight!
15:32:41 <infapi00> #topic Misc time
15:32:50 <infapi00> aboot time!
15:33:04 <jjmarin> Anyway, Spain also have very strange timezone to make fun of :-)
15:33:23 <infapi00> well, yes, we should be in a different time zone
15:33:26 <clown> eh?
15:33:31 <infapi00> and not sharing german ones
15:33:33 <jjmarin> We are like Germany right now
15:33:45 <infapi00> just because franco wanted to be hitler best friend
15:34:02 <clown> madrid and vienna are in the same time zone...
15:34:03 <infapi00> clown, geographically we are too on the west for the time zone we are right now
15:34:08 <infapi00> blame politics
15:34:10 <infapi00> or hitler
15:34:18 <infapi00> but that is really mainstream
15:34:23 <infapi00> everybody blames hitler
15:34:24 <jjmarin> he wanted to be stand up when hitler called him
15:35:01 <infapi00> and probably franco was all the morning looking at the phone
15:35:02 <clown> are you west of london?
15:35:02 <infapi00> waiting
15:35:06 <infapi00> with a sad face
15:35:13 <infapi00> "why is hitler not calling?"
15:35:15 <clown> poor franco.
15:35:21 <infapi00> "I already changed the timezone"
15:35:38 <infapi00> "he doesn't understand all the effort Im making for this far away relationship to work"
15:35:56 <infapi00> <sad music on the background>
15:36:21 <infapi00> well, this misc time was deep indead
15:36:23 <clown> violins?
15:36:33 <infapi00> sad violins
15:36:38 <jjmarin> anyway, we also added some saving light to make it more complete and exciting :-)
15:36:40 <infapi00> made by sad violin-makers
15:36:55 <infapi00> played by sad violinists
15:37:02 <infapi00> cof cof
15:37:16 <infapi00> ok., so as probably everybody has enough important stuff to say
15:37:25 <infapi00> anything else to add to the meeting?
15:37:26 <clown> you switch to summer time end of next week, right?
15:37:35 <infapi00> yep, next week
15:37:38 <infapi00> ok
15:37:40 <infapi00> so
15:37:55 <clown> so, our first meeting in Apr will be "back to normal" (for me).
15:38:01 <infapi00> #info europe will made switch time zone next week
15:38:25 <infapi00> clown, yeah, although not sure if first meeting in april
15:38:29 <infapi00> will be on first week of april
15:38:34 <infapi00> due eastern holidays and so
15:39:01 <infapi00> having said so
15:39:05 <infapi00> I will end the meeting
15:39:08 <infapi00> #endmeeting