#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by API at 15:07:11 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.16 (API, 15:07:40)
    1. this week is 3.15.3 release week (API, 15:08:01)
    2. there are new releases for atk and at-spi2-atk, that adds the (infamous) role ATK_ROLE_STATIC (API, 15:08:39)
    3. so in summary, during this early releases, the new API is mostly new roles/states (API, 15:08:57)
    4. during past webengine hackfest (former webkitgtk hackfest) I chatted a little about mathml and roles/subroles with joanie (API, 15:09:30)
    5. roles/subroles bug here: bug 739140 (API, 15:10:07)
    6. Joanie has been busy with WebKit hacking (in general plus MathML related) and is behind on doing unstable releases. (joanie, 15:10:20)
    7. Joanie will be resuming hacking on Orca (has actually already done so), and will resume doing proper releases (including a 3.15.3 release this week). (joanie, 15:10:27)
    8. Joanie really needs subroles for the MathML support and is waiting for feedback from PiƱeiro. (joanie, 15:10:37)
    9. ACTION: API will review the last comment on the bug as soon as possible (API, 15:15:47)

  2. w3c updates (API, 15:17:39)
    1. Last week, the latest public working drafts of the ARIA spec, core mappings, and accessilbe name computation documents were published. (clown, 15:18:23)
    2. the announcement is here: http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/4236 (clown, 15:18:34)
    3. Secondly, regarding the roles FF exposes for listitems or grid cells in a list or table with role="presentation". (clown, 15:19:23)
    4. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1013584 (clown, 15:19:45)
    5. Joseph tested with nightly of FF. (clown, 15:19:56)
    6. the findings are noted in ACTION-1542: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1542 (requires password). (clown, 15:20:26)
    7. here they are: list item -> ROLE_PARAGRAPH, table cell->ROLE_TEXT + AccessibleText interface. A plain <DIV> is mapped to ROLE_SECTION (clown, 15:21:09)
    8. At the last AAPI teleconference, Cynthia (Microsoft) thought the mapping of list item to paragraph was reasonable. (clown, 15:25:03)
    9. but it's still under discussion. (clown, 15:25:15)
    10. ACTION: : Joseph will report his results on the FF bug sometime today. (clown, 15:35:17)

  3. Miscellaneous time (API, 15:37:58)
    1. bug 730505 was finally closed (API, 15:38:28)
    2. that means that we have now a basis for tests on at-spi2-atk (API, 15:38:32)
    3. eventually it would be good if we are able to move to a more general at-spi2-core, but it is true that having the possibility to create atk objects is convenient (API, 15:39:00)
    4. Next steps: 1. add more tests (API, 15:39:09)
    5. 2. probably nuke the similar ones that are at pyatspi2, at least the c ones, as doesn't fit there (API, 15:39:44)
    6. Joanie's next priority for this cycle is doing full caret-nav support for WebKitGtk/Epiphany (joanie, 15:42:43)


Meeting ended at 15:53:58 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. API will review the last comment on the bug as soon as possible
  2. : Joseph will report his results on the FF bug sometime today.


Action items, by person

  1. API
    1. API will review the last comment on the bug as soon as possible


People present (lines said)

  1. joanie (82)
  2. clown (51)
  3. API (42)
  4. Services (5)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.