#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by API at 14:06:05 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.14 (API, 14:06:18)
    1. 3.14.0 was released (API, 14:06:33)
    2. since then a relevant bug was solved: (API, 14:06:48)
    3. https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=728319 (API, 14:06:57)
    4. this bug is similar to bug 737376 (likely duplicates) (API, 14:07:19)
    5. this bug is similar to bug 730118 (likely duplicates) (API, 14:07:58)
    6. this time it was solved by doing (even more) event filtering based on MANAGES_DESCENDANTS state (API, 14:08:22)
    7. it was marked to be included on 3.14.1 (API, 14:08:37)
    8. taking into account that due those two bugs, there are code to do event filtering based on MANAGES_DESCENDANTS (API, 14:09:05)
    9. bug 737376 was created to do post 3.14 cleaning (API, 14:09:26)
    10. as mentioned on the bug, improve the documentation of MANAGES_DESCENDANTS would also be good (API, 14:09:50)
    11. Bug 731046, which isn't an a11y issue per se, did result in a reliable Evince segfault triggered by a11y support. (joanie, 14:11:21)
    12. Fix committed. Now truncated PDFs are just useless and unreadable rather than a crasher. ;) (joanie, 14:11:46)
    13. https://git.gnome.org/browse/evince/commit/?id=c0ecc9564fceb12b3580adac3a1257d7feb2b87f (joanie, 14:12:38)
    14. during these days, there was also a slight discussion on bug 722738 (API, 14:17:39)
    15. in general, it is about the dbus file configuration (API, 14:17:50)
    16. reading dbus documentation, I agree that some stuff is not really clear, and probably some changes are needed (API, 14:18:14)
    17. I also created a freedesktop bug about dbus documentation (API, 14:18:29)
    18. that lead Simon McVittie, one of the dbus maintainers, to come to the bug and explain some stuff, and give some suggestions (API, 14:19:02)
    19. based on that, a patch was approved and comitted, and then Simon mentioned that was not sure about it (API, 14:19:19)
    20. for that reason, Im suggesting to not include them on 3.14.x and include on 3.16 cycle when things became clearer (API, 14:19:56)

  2. W3C updates (API, 14:26:02)
    1. There is an upcoming face-to-face meeting for all of the W3C at the end of Oct, referred to as TPAC. (clown, 14:27:16)
    2. One of the tasks to get started around that time is to start looking at implemenations of ARIA 1.1 (clown, 14:27:41)
    3. And, where the spec is correct, but the implementation is wrong, start filing bugs against the various browsers, in their own bug reporting system. (clown, 14:28:19)
    4. In addition, the ARIA 1.1. working group will attempt to keep a central list of all the bugs as they appear in one of their wikis. (clown, 14:29:05)
    5. the wiki page has been set up here: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIA_Implementation_Issues (clown, 14:29:25)
    6. It's very bare bones right now, but I imagine there will be entries for ATK/AT-SPI related ARIA issues. (clown, 14:30:15)
    7. Currently, the wiki page lists Chrome, FireFox, IE, Opera, and Safari. (clown, 14:32:16)

  3. miscellaneous time (API, 14:39:36)
  4. marketing (API, 14:39:43)
    1. GNOME is again the default Desktop in Debian. One of the main reasons is the accessibility support. Congrats folks ! ;-) (jjmarin, 14:40:26)
    2. related links: https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2014/09/msg00008.html https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Requalification/Jessie http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/tasksel/tasksel.git/commit/?id=dce99f5f8d84e4c885e6beb4cc1bb5bb1d9ee6d7 (jjmarin, 14:40:43)
    3. However, it seems the Debian a11y thinks Mate is the most accessible, mainly because the lack of visual options in GNOME (check the 1st link) (jjmarin, 14:40:57)
    4. ACTION: Juanjo will discuss that with the engagement team (jjmarin, 14:46:45)
    5. ACTION: that= official response for choosing GNOME (jjmarin, 14:47:24)

  5. miscellaneous time (API, 14:48:38)
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur (API, 14:49:20)
    2. http://www.tpac.org/ (jjmarin, 14:49:38)
    3. http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/ (clown, 14:50:41)


Meeting ended at 14:57:37 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Juanjo will discuss that with the engagement team
  2. that= official response for choosing GNOME


People present (lines said)

  1. API (87)
  2. joanie (61)
  3. clown (41)
  4. jjmarin (25)
  5. Services (7)
  6. mgorse (6)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.