#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by API at 14:07:36 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.14 (API, 14:08:01)
    1. Hard code freeze is next Monday (API, 14:08:42)
    2. after that, break exceptions for everything would be needed (API, 14:09:01)
    3. full schedule: https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirteen (API, 14:09:08)
    4. Joanie is still making good progress on the Orca rewrite (Gecko support). That's the good news. (joanie, 14:10:08)
    5. Joanie may have just discoverd a serious accessibility regression in Epiphany/WebKitGtk. But she doesn't know yet as she just encountered the problem. (joanie, 14:10:43)
    6. ueno found a crash in AT-SPI and sent patches. mgorse will review them today (mgorse, 14:11:19)

  2. W3C updates (API, 14:14:15)
    1. at last Mon's meeting, the decision to split out the accessible name and description computation into its own document was finalized. (clown, 14:14:45)
    2. Joseph will do the work to create the new document, and be the first editor. (clown, 14:15:07)
    3. Joseph will also make a first attempt at re-writing the algorithm to make it more easily understood. (clown, 14:15:47)
    4. The current name/description calculation is in the the mapping document here: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-implementation.html#mapping_additional_nd_name (clown, 14:16:52)

  3. Marketing (API, 14:21:03)
    1. nothing to comment so far. (jjmarin, 14:21:18)
    2. if any of you has anything to be added in the GNOME release notes, please let me now because aday wants to freeze for the translation today or so. (jjmarin, 14:21:31)
    3. if not, we can always tweet afterwards to let people know and write on blogs that we can retweet as well :-) (jjmarin, 14:22:04)

  4. Miscellaneous time (API, 14:30:32)
    1. Recently Jacobo Aragunde made a presentation about current status of LO accessibility (API, 14:36:36)
    2. http://www.slideshare.net/igalia/overview-and-status-of-libreoffice-accessibility (API, 14:36:38)
    3. at the Berlin 2014 https://conference.libreoffice.org/ (API, 14:37:09)


Meeting ended at 14:40:54 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. API (78)
  2. joanie (46)
  3. jjmarin (26)
  4. clown (18)
  5. mgorse (2)
  6. Services (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.