14:05:56 <API> #startmeeting
14:05:56 <Services> Meeting started Thu Jun 19 14:05:56 2014 UTC.  The chair is API. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:05:56 <Services> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:06:00 <API> #topic Progress towards 3.14
14:06:16 <API> #info Finally API pinged Jasper about bug 730118
14:06:16 <Services> 04Bug http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=730118 normal, Normal, ---, gnome-shell-maint, NEW, GtkTreeView very slow since 3.12
14:06:35 <API> #info he is ok with having a fix for gnome-shell magnifier, in order to mitigate the problem on 3.12.x
14:06:50 <API> #info he also mentioned that it would be good to solve that for a11y users too
14:07:14 <API> #info I mentioned that yes, we already know, tree-view like floods are a known issue
14:07:38 <API> #action API will update the patch, in order to have something with the proper style and upload it on the bug
14:08:05 <API> #info didn't mention to Jasper, but bug will be also moved to gnome-shell, and probably a equivalent bug for at-spi2/atk will be created
14:08:14 <API> (as I think that the old gtktreeview is old bug was closed)
14:08:25 <API> btw, cache was mentioned on my chat with Jasper so
14:08:41 <API> joanie something about that "normal usage and reproducible" log for orca?
14:08:50 <joanie> not yet
14:08:51 <joanie> haven't had time
14:08:52 <joanie> sorry
14:08:54 <API> ok
14:08:57 <API> in any case, im done
14:09:01 <API> so questions or next one
14:10:38 <API> ...
14:10:40 <API> nobody?
14:10:48 <clown> *crickets*
14:11:22 <mgorse> If you ask if anyone has questions and no one answers, then is that both an answer and a non-answer?
14:11:37 <clown> zen!
14:12:05 <API> well, if nobody have questions I also gave the option to share something for this topic
14:12:11 <API> so as nobody said anything
14:12:15 <API> moving to next topic?
14:12:34 <joanie> yes
14:12:41 <API> #topic W3C updates
14:12:44 <API> clown, joanie ?
14:12:53 * joanie defers to clown
14:13:24 <clown> #info The 1.1 versions of the ARIA specification and mapping documents were published last week
14:13:31 * clown looks for an urls.
14:14:10 <clown> #info the w3c announcement:  http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/3896
14:14:44 <clown> #info Latest concept to be approved for the spec  is support of annotations.
14:15:13 <clown> #info aria-hasannotation will define that a piece of text is annontated and how, e.g., aria-hasannotation="comment".
14:15:41 <clown> #info aria-annotatedby will identify the note text, e.g. aria-annotatedby="note1".
14:16:14 <clown> #info the note itself would have a role="note", e.g.  <p role="note" id="note1">This is the annoation text </p>
14:16:57 <clown> #info I have opened a w3c bugzilla against the mapping guide to answer:  how does this information end up in a11y APIs?
14:17:07 * clown looks for that bugzilla.
14:18:04 * API raises hand for a question as soon as clown finishes
14:18:35 <clown> #info:  the bugzilla:  https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26106
14:18:35 <Services> 04Bug 26106: was not found.
14:18:46 <clown> done, questions?
14:18:53 <clown> or, anything to add, joanie?
14:18:58 <joanie> nothing to add
14:19:59 <API> so annotatedby content is the id of the annotation right?
14:20:22 <API> and hasannotation is a way to set the annotation text if you don't have a isolated object with the text?
14:20:57 <clown> hasannotation is a way to declare that there is a note attached to the currrent text, and the type of annotation.
14:21:58 <clown> This provide more detail:  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2014AprJun/0161.html
14:22:05 * API looking
14:22:22 <clown> however, we changed the name from aria-annotationtype to aria-hasannotation
14:23:03 <API> afair, aria has a kind of subroles
14:23:14 <API> so why a arian-annotationtype and not a subclass of roles?
14:23:53 <clown> <p aria-hasannotation="comment" aria-annotatedby="comment1">This is the main text</p> … <p id="comment1" role="note">This is the note text</p>
14:25:04 <clown> API, yes in some cases, aria has a hierarchy of roles, but I don't think there is one for notes. (I'd have to double check).
14:25:43 <API> well, that was my question, why add aria-annotationtype and not add a new hierarchy of roles?
14:25:48 <API> in any case, probably I'm missing the context
14:25:59 <clown> This is the spec of the note role.  It has no subclasses.
14:26:00 <clown> http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-wai-aria-1.1-20140612/#note
14:26:01 <API> before going too far on the discussion I would need to review all the annotation add-ons
14:26:12 <clown> API, that's a great question.
14:26:30 <API> which one?
14:26:40 <clown> "why add aria-annotationtype and not add a new hierarchy of roles"
14:27:08 <clown> possible answer:  it would be nice to know when navigating to the main text what the annotatiion type is without having to go fetch the note.
14:27:09 <API> ah ok, well, good to make good questions now and then
14:27:51 <API> and to understand that possible answer, I need to read all the annotations/note stuff, as I mentioned ;)
14:28:02 <API> in any case, until I do that, thats all from me
14:28:03 <API> so
14:28:08 <API> more questions, doubts?
14:28:24 <clown> On the other hand, how would one support things like:  Show all author comments, but hide all othe kinds of notes?  That might be easier if the note stated its kind.
14:30:24 <joanie> seems API is on the phone
14:30:35 * joanie wonders if without chair powers I can do anything
14:30:44 <clown> either joanie is psychic or ...
14:30:48 <joanie> #topic Marketing updates
14:30:52 <joanie> seems not
14:31:05 <joanie> clown: he pinged me privately
14:31:15 <jjmarin> #info GNOME's Accessibilty was nominated for the global APC Chris Nicol FLOSS Prize 2014 http://www.apc.org/es/node/19368 . Unfortunately, we didn't winner was "Our Network LaLoLib" http://comunidadconvergentes.wordpress.com/redlaloma (Spanish, Colombian project)
14:31:20 <joanie> jjmarin: one sec
14:31:24 <jjmarin> ok
14:31:26 <joanie> as I don't have chair
14:31:30 <joanie> so the topic didn't change
14:31:49 <jjmarin> ok, we can wait for the chair :-)
14:31:57 * joanie tries convincing the bot
14:32:29 <API> back, sorry
14:32:35 <jjmarin> np
14:32:47 <joanie> API change the topic
14:32:51 <joanie> please
14:33:15 <API> I didn't know that only the chair can change the topic
14:33:19 <API> again sorry
14:33:44 <API> jjmarin, so, for minutes sake
14:33:48 <API> could you re-info?
14:34:06 <mgorse> Will the bot record it correctly, since you typed /topic?
14:34:30 <jjmarin> tell me when to shout my two infos :-)
14:34:31 <joanie> mgorse: probably not
14:34:42 <joanie> akpi please change the topic using the meetbot api
14:34:50 <joanie> s/akpi/API/
14:34:57 <API> #topic Marketing
14:35:01 <jjmarin> #info GNOME's Accessibilty was nominated for the global APC Chris Nicol FLOSS Prize 2014 http://www.apc.org/es/node/19368 . Unfortunately, we didn't winner was "Our Network LaLoLib" http://comunidadconvergentes.wordpress.com/redlaloma (Spanish, Colombian project)
14:35:17 <jjmarin> I wasn't aware of this nomination till this week
14:35:27 <jjmarin> #info Juanjo added an entry for Orca in the Spanish wikipedia https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_%28software%29 . This entry, and the previously added need some refining.
14:35:31 <jjmarin> done !
14:35:42 <jjmarin> questions or suggestions ?
14:35:51 <API> no from my side
14:36:00 <joanie> thanks for doing that jjmarin :)
14:36:16 <jjmarin> np ;-)
14:36:45 <API> so, moving again?
14:36:51 <jjmarin> yeah
14:37:04 <API> #topic miscellaneous time
14:37:12 <API> this will be interesting to patryk
14:37:44 <API> #topic API didn't have time this week to review the last patches of the new tests, and check if canonical test suite is better for this that glibtest
14:37:45 <API> sorry
14:37:46 <API> :/
14:37:49 <API> argh
14:37:54 <API> #topic miscellaneous time
14:38:00 <API> #info API didn't have time this week to review the last patches of the new tests, and check if canonical test suite is better for this that glibtest
14:38:25 <jjmarin> canonical means Canonical the company ?
14:38:32 <API> yes
14:38:47 <jjmarin> ok, I wasn't sure :-)
14:38:50 <API> well, in fact now that you mention that
14:38:56 <API> not sure if it is canonical test suite
14:39:04 <API> probably is just a test suite used at ubuntu
14:39:27 <jjmarin> :-)
14:39:37 <API> #info update: s/canonical test suite/check test suite
14:40:15 <API> adding more info to that:
14:40:19 <API> http://check.sourceforge.net/doc/check_html/index.html#Top
14:40:24 <API> https://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.40/glib-Testing.html
14:40:33 <API> fwiw, im slightly biased to glib testing
14:40:44 <API> as at-spi2 is a glib project, and clutter and gtk is already using it
14:41:05 <API> but I would need to at least review check to see if there is a bid advantage about that
14:41:17 <API> so, anyone else want to share something on misc time?
14:43:15 <jjmarin> royal end API :-)
14:43:49 <clown> API is "fearless leader".  Is that royalty?
14:44:02 <API> nah, just vasall end
14:44:11 <jjmarin> hehe
14:44:14 <API> #endmeeting