#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by API at 14:05:56 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.14 (API, 14:06:00)
    1. Finally API pinged Jasper about bug 730118 (API, 14:06:16)
    2. he is ok with having a fix for gnome-shell magnifier, in order to mitigate the problem on 3.12.x (API, 14:06:35)
    3. he also mentioned that it would be good to solve that for a11y users too (API, 14:06:50)
    4. I mentioned that yes, we already know, tree-view like floods are a known issue (API, 14:07:14)
    5. ACTION: API will update the patch, in order to have something with the proper style and upload it on the bug (API, 14:07:38)
    6. didn't mention to Jasper, but bug will be also moved to gnome-shell, and probably a equivalent bug for at-spi2/atk will be created (API, 14:08:05)

  2. W3C updates (API, 14:12:41)
    1. The 1.1 versions of the ARIA specification and mapping documents were published last week (clown, 14:13:24)
    2. the w3c announcement: http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/3896 (clown, 14:14:10)
    3. Latest concept to be approved for the spec is support of annotations. (clown, 14:14:44)
    4. aria-hasannotation will define that a piece of text is annontated and how, e.g., aria-hasannotation="comment". (clown, 14:15:13)
    5. aria-annotatedby will identify the note text, e.g. aria-annotatedby="note1". (clown, 14:15:41)
    6. the note itself would have a role="note", e.g. <p role="note" id="note1">This is the annoation text </p> (clown, 14:16:14)
    7. I have opened a w3c bugzilla against the mapping guide to answer: how does this information end up in a11y APIs? (clown, 14:16:57)
    8. : the bugzilla: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26106 (clown, 14:18:35)
    9. http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-wai-aria-1.1-20140612/#note (clown, 14:26:00)
    10. GNOME's Accessibilty was nominated for the global APC Chris Nicol FLOSS Prize 2014 http://www.apc.org/es/node/19368 . Unfortunately, we didn't winner was "Our Network LaLoLib" http://comunidadconvergentes.wordpress.com/redlaloma (Spanish, Colombian project) (jjmarin, 14:31:15)

  3. Marketing (API, 14:34:57)
    1. GNOME's Accessibilty was nominated for the global APC Chris Nicol FLOSS Prize 2014 http://www.apc.org/es/node/19368 . Unfortunately, we didn't winner was "Our Network LaLoLib" http://comunidadconvergentes.wordpress.com/redlaloma (Spanish, Colombian project) (jjmarin, 14:35:01)
    2. Juanjo added an entry for Orca in the Spanish wikipedia https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_%28software%29 . This entry, and the previously added need some refining. (jjmarin, 14:35:27)

  4. miscellaneous time (API, 14:37:04)
  5. API didn't have time this week to review the last patches of the new tests, and check if canonical test suite is better for this that glibtest (API, 14:37:44)
  6. miscellaneous time (API, 14:37:54)
    1. API didn't have time this week to review the last patches of the new tests, and check if canonical test suite is better for this that glibtest (API, 14:38:00)
    2. update: s/canonical test suite/check test suite (API, 14:39:37)
    3. http://check.sourceforge.net/doc/check_html/index.html#Top (API, 14:40:19)
    4. https://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.40/glib-Testing.html (API, 14:40:24)


Meeting ended at 14:44:14 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. API will update the patch, in order to have something with the proper style and upload it on the bug


Action items, by person

  1. API
    1. API will update the patch, in order to have something with the proper style and upload it on the bug


People present (lines said)

  1. API (66)
  2. clown (27)
  3. joanie (21)
  4. jjmarin (17)
  5. Services (4)
  6. mgorse (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.