#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by joanie at 14:04:58 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. W3C updates (joanie, 14:05:05)
    1. The release of the ARIA 1.1 working draft specs and a11y mappings documents is scheduled for today. (clown, 14:06:03)
    2. I have not seen the official announcement yet of the publication (clown, 14:06:21)
    3. when it happens, I will send an announcement to the gnome a11y mailing list. (clown, 14:06:44)
    4. An update re: aria-checked an list item options in a list box and treeitems in a tree view. (clown, 14:07:23)
    5. aria-checked has been put back as a state supported by listbox options and treeitems. (clown, 14:08:00)

  2. Marketing Updates (joanie, 14:11:57)
    1. I've updated thr ATK and AT-SPI entries in the Spanish Wikipedia (jjmarin, 14:12:39)

  3. Progress towards 3.14 (joanie, 14:17:01)
    1. Joanie continues to work on the pre-gsettings-migration changes in Orca. (joanie, 14:17:20)
    2. She plans to be all GSettings by 3.14 (joanie, 14:17:32)
    3. Probably not in time for a brand new, control-center GUI (joanie, 14:17:55)
    4. https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2010-September/msg00193.html (jjmarin, 14:28:41)

  4. Wayland (joanie, 14:30:42)
    1. Joanie is concerned that we are not addressing the issues related to Wayland and accessibility. (joanie, 14:31:11)
    2. Accerciser is being ported to Wayland, but there aren't many big progresses (jhernandez, 14:32:43)
    3. Joanie's bigger concern are the AT-SPI2 things (joanie, 14:38:01)
    4. https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility/Wayland (joanie, 14:38:16)
    5. https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility/Wayland (joanie, 14:39:52)
    6. due other open fronts (pdf accessibility, gtktreeview flood), API was not taking attention to the mailing list (API, 14:43:52)
    7. wayland-dev mailing list (API, 14:44:01)
    8. but in any case, it is worth to mention that the plan (at least the only plan we had) (API, 14:44:20)
    9. was asking by showing (API, 14:44:27)
    10. so working on wayland extensions to get the functionality we wanted, based on already existing osk extensions (API, 14:44:48)
    11. hoping that the security issues would be managed by other people (API, 14:45:04)
    12. afaik, nobody from the a11y team worked on that (API, 14:45:15)
    13. that is the current status (API, 14:45:21)
    14. additionally, API still needs to solve the problem about exposing the accessibility object tree on gnome-shell (API, 14:45:40)
    15. at-spi2 things, as mentioned before by joanie, are the ones that depends on us writing those wayland extensions (API, 14:46:18)
    16. this is a high level summary of the current status (API, 14:46:30)
    17. https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=709999 (joanie, 14:48:36)
    18. ACTION: mgorse will take a look to wayland extensions for accessibility needs (API, 14:53:38)
    19. ACTION: API will retake the bug about the non-available accessibility tree on gnome-shell (API, 14:53:54)
    20. ACTION: API will ping Jasper about the gtktreeview flood bug, in order to know if it will be mitigated on gnome-shell or not, being not=="solved at at-spi2" (API, 14:54:31)
    21. The target/high-priority bug we wish to address through Mike's work is bug 709999 (Mouse event synthesis) (joanie, 14:54:32)

  5. miscellaneous time (API, 14:57:16)


Meeting ended at 15:05:50 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. mgorse will take a look to wayland extensions for accessibility needs
  2. API will retake the bug about the non-available accessibility tree on gnome-shell
  3. API will ping Jasper about the gtktreeview flood bug, in order to know if it will be mitigated on gnome-shell or not, being not=="solved at at-spi2"


Action items, by person

  1. API
    1. API will retake the bug about the non-available accessibility tree on gnome-shell
    2. API will ping Jasper about the gtktreeview flood bug, in order to know if it will be mitigated on gnome-shell or not, being not=="solved at at-spi2"
  2. mgorse
    1. mgorse will take a look to wayland extensions for accessibility needs


People present (lines said)

  1. joanie (169)
  2. API (72)
  3. jhernandez (33)
  4. clown (31)
  5. jjmarin (20)
  6. mgorse (13)
  7. Services (6)
  8. magpie (3)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.