#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by API at 14:05:32 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.14 (API, 14:05:50)
    1. bug 730118 (API, 14:05:59)
    2. not a lot of moving forward on the but (API, 14:06:16)
    3. I asked to test my patch and nobody did it (API, 14:06:23)
    4. Jasper made some questions about the solution, I replied (API, 14:06:40)
    5. not clear if they are willing to apply it on gnome-shell, or if they prefer to move it to at-spi2-core (API, 14:07:04)
    6. ACTION: API will try to ping Jasper on IRC, to have a conclusion (API, 14:07:18)
    7. bug 730505 (API, 14:07:34)
    8. API made a new review of the patch (API, 14:07:43)
    9. the major question is about why they use a custom solution to get, load and execute the tests (based on gmodule) and not the GTest utility methods already available on glib (API, 14:08:37)
    10. that are already in use for clutter and gtk+ (API, 14:08:45)

  2. W3C updates (API, 14:34:42)
    1. First working draft of spec and implemantation mappings for 1.1 is on track for June 12 (clown, 14:35:17)
    2. I need to make a few more edits to the mappings re: changes to ATK/AT-SPI requested last Dec/Jan., and I plan to finish that by tomorrow. (clown, 14:35:34)
    3. reminder: the ARIA working group agreed to these changes last Dec/Jan, but only if they were done in the 1.1 timeframe. (clown, 14:36:13)
    4. New: in 1.1, listbox items and tree items no longer support aria-checked. (clown, 14:36:33)
    5. at the last UA telecon, some of use started wondering if there truly were no examples of check-able listbox items (for e.g.). (clown, 14:37:18)
    6. Some are still invesitgating. (clown, 14:37:33)
    7. ACTION: API will try to find the discussion about -able states on atk/at-spi (API, 14:45:39)

  3. Miscellaneous time (API, 14:48:06)
    1. ACTION: Joanie will file bugs in the webkit bugzilla for the needed ARIA 1.1 changes. (joanie, 15:00:20)
    2. She'll probably fix them too. (joanie, 15:00:27)


Meeting ended at 15:17:44 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. API will try to ping Jasper on IRC, to have a conclusion
  2. API will try to find the discussion about -able states on atk/at-spi
  3. Joanie will file bugs in the webkit bugzilla for the needed ARIA 1.1 changes.


Action items, by person

  1. API
    1. API will try to ping Jasper on IRC, to have a conclusion
    2. API will try to find the discussion about -able states on atk/at-spi


People present (lines said)

  1. API (176)
  2. joanie (69)
  3. clown (62)
  4. patryk_ (37)
  5. mgorse (9)
  6. Services (4)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.