#a11y-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by API at 14:05:26 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Progress towards 3.14 (API, 14:06:31)
    1. the main topic this week is a 3.12 regression (API, 14:07:04)
    2. specifically bug 730118, and similar one, bug 728319 (API, 14:07:43)
    3. probably those two bugs are the same, but for now, it makes sense to keep it independently reported (API, 14:08:28)
    4. gtktreeview event flood was a "classical" bug for gtk 2.xx (API, 14:08:58)
    5. Benjamin Otte mitigated it on 3.XX by stopping to emit children-changed events (and others) under the assumption that under the state MANAGE_DESCENDANTS, that was not needed (API, 14:09:39)
    6. it seems that 3.10 has some leaks related with the individual children of gtktreeview. As a collateral effect of solving that, for 3.12, those events are back (API, 14:10:07)
    7. users are experiencing this, even if no AT is listening (API, 14:10:34)
    8. So I see two aspects to solve (API, 14:10:43)
    9. 1. check why the bus is getting flooded when no AT is listening, as in theory no DBUS event should be triggered on that case (API, 14:11:13)
    10. 2. mitigate the problem when AT is listening (API, 14:11:36)
    11. https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=730118#c14 (API, 14:19:18)
    12. https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=730118#c15 (API, 14:21:34)
    13. ACTION: mgorse will check that no events are fired when an AT is not listening, including events related to the cache (mgorse, 14:23:09)

  2. W3C updates (API, 14:27:58)
    1. The ARIA editors met yeseterday, and agreed to try to publish the next working draft of the 1.1 spec of all the documents by early June. (clown, 14:29:30)
    2. The question of how to map "presentational" children came up. (joanie, 14:31:16)
    3. Presentational children are expected to be treated like generic objects, so the answer is "like a div" (joanie, 14:31:40)
    4. Alex Surkov seems to think I need to prove it. ;) ;) (joanie, 14:31:54)
    5. Both WebKitGtk and Gecko fail to do the correct thing, but they do the wrong thing in their own unique fashion. (joanie, 14:32:39)
    6. Joanie filed bugs for each. (joanie, 14:32:46)
    7. Related: Because the ATK docs are not really explicit on roles, Alex Surkov had mapped it to ATK_ROLE_TEXT (joanie, 14:33:20)
    8. Which, as we all know is how other implementors expose text widgets like GtkTextView. (joanie, 14:33:43)
    9. Joanie hopes to not have to add yet another hack (tm) to Orca for Gecko. (joanie, 14:34:03)
    10. If Mario and his colleagues don't fix the WebKitGtk one, Joanie will do so herself. (joanie, 14:34:23)
    11. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1013584 (joanie, 14:34:53)
    12. https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=133133 (joanie, 14:35:20)
    13. HTML Canvas 2D Context Returns to Last Call (API, 14:40:39)
    14. http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/3850 (API, 14:40:43)
    15. some of the changes are accessibility related (API, 14:40:59)

  3. Marketing (API, 14:46:06)
    1. Juanjo has started to add the new entries in the Spanish Wikipedia. It very early stage though (jjmarin, 14:47:30)

  4. Miscellaneous Time (API, 14:51:33)
    1. We really need to write a bunch of ATK documentation. (joanie, 14:52:00)


Meeting ended at 15:06:09 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. mgorse will check that no events are fired when an AT is not listening, including events related to the cache


Action items, by person

  1. mgorse
    1. mgorse will check that no events are fired when an AT is not listening, including events related to the cache


People present (lines said)

  1. API (116)
  2. joanie (76)
  3. clown (48)
  4. jhernandez (25)
  5. mgorse (17)
  6. jjmarin (13)
  7. Services (9)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.