14:06:11 <joanie> #startmeeting
14:06:11 <Services> Meeting started Thu Apr 17 14:06:11 2014 UTC.  The chair is joanie. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:06:11 <Services> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:06:21 <joanie> #topic Issues Related to 3.12
14:06:26 * joanie starts with API's
14:06:45 <joanie> ugh text wrapping
14:06:46 <joanie> one sec
14:07:06 <joanie> #info This week GNOME 3.12.1 was released, and it included some accessibility improvements.
14:07:19 <joanie> #info Evince: bug 724965 fixes were included on 3.12.1 so now there is a way to get the info for any given page, and not only the current page, useful for "SayAll" navigation with screen readers.
14:07:20 <Services> 04Bug http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=724965 normal, Normal, ---, evince-maint, RESOLVED FIXED, Implement a means to get the accessible text of the next/previous page
14:07:35 <joanie> #info GnomeShell: bug 726670 fixes were included. This is minor, but now the elements at the "windows" container at the overview has proper name and role
14:07:35 <Services> 04Bug http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=726670 normal, Normal, ---, gnome-shell-maint, RESOLVED FIXED, Keyboard-navigation through the windows application can't be used from the screen reader
14:07:41 <joanie> (that's all from API)
14:08:06 <joanie> #info Joanie did the 3.12.1 release of Orca which included some fixes for previously-missed refactor-introduced regressions.
14:08:09 <joanie> (done)
14:08:11 <joanie> others?
14:08:22 <joanie> oh, I do have another
14:08:29 <joanie> but I'll wait for y'all
14:08:56 <clown> jhernandez:  what about that view ui fix I sent you?  Did that make it to .1?
14:09:14 <jhernandez> clown: didn't roll a .1
14:09:30 <clown> okay, then nothing to report there.
14:09:34 <clown> :-)
14:09:34 <mgorse> #info mgorse made an at-spi2-atk 2.12.1 release with a fix for bug 684076, cleaning up sockets again on exit assuming we exit normally
14:09:35 <Services> 04Bug http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=684076 normal, Normal, ---, gtk-bugs, UNCONFIRMED, clean up a11y on shutdown
14:09:46 <joanie> yay mgorse
14:09:51 <mgorse> done. The :10 issue is still to-do on my part
14:10:00 <mgorse> s/:10/:1.0
14:10:04 <jhernandez> #info jhernandez did not roll a .1 for accerciser, but will try to include a few fixes for .2
14:10:40 <joanie> #info There was a gjs-introduced change that causes gnome-shell to crash on launch of the magnifier. This was fixed in gjs. (See bug 727824.)
14:10:40 <Services> 04Bug http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727824 critical, Normal, ---, gjs-maint, RESOLVED FIXED, Crash when enabling Zoom a11y feature
14:11:08 <mgorse> yay; that's pretty important
14:11:12 <joanie> anything else or moving on?
14:11:21 <joanie> agreed mgorse
14:11:34 <mgorse> although I need to look at the comments on that bug and/or talk to gcampax. I think he was implying that libatspi should be doing something differently from what it's doing
14:11:45 <joanie> really?
14:11:47 * joanie looks
14:12:13 <mgorse> He made some comment about libraries deriving from interfaces that I didn't totally understand, or need to look at it again
14:12:20 <joanie> ok
14:12:28 <mgorse> but there was a gjs bug regardless, so it's good that it's fixed
14:12:32 <joanie> want an action item, or will you just add it to your to-do list
14:12:51 <mgorse> either way is fine I guess
14:13:05 <clown> just read this:  "and which is why we should fix the libraries to prerequire GObject for all interfaces".
14:13:16 <clown> But like mgorse, I don't really know what it means.
14:13:40 <mgorse> writing it into ~/TODO on my system (although I feel like that's kind of a write-only file, but that seems true of a lot of things, until I get more organized)
14:13:40 <clown> that's a quote from giovanni's comment
14:14:02 <joanie> mgorse: yeah, same with my list ;)
14:14:07 <mgorse> sorry--it's a tangent I probably shouldn't have brought up, if we're trying to meet quickly
14:14:19 <joanie> np
14:14:26 <joanie> we'll still be quick. watch. /me smiles
14:14:39 * clown watches
14:14:41 <joanie> #topic Plans for 3.14: Wayland
14:14:51 <joanie> #info Piñeiro has no updates
14:14:59 <joanie> #info Joanie has no updates
14:15:01 <joanie> anyone else?
14:15:12 <mgorse> #info mgorse has no updates
14:15:19 * joanie giggles
14:15:27 <mgorse> also still todo / something I really need to make time for
14:15:35 <clown> I, so far, never have updates re wayland.
14:15:55 <joanie> jhernandez: you still have a crasher I think
14:15:58 <joanie> not positive though
14:16:09 <jhernandez> #info jhernandez looked at accerciser+wayland - it requires some love
14:16:14 <jhernandez> yeah
14:16:37 <jhernandez> mostly X11 related-stuff
14:16:46 * joanie nods
14:16:55 <joanie> ok, moving on?
14:17:10 <jhernandez> sure
14:17:12 <joanie> #topic Plans for 3.14: Feature proposals
14:17:22 <joanie> #info Piñeiro and Joanie have no updates
14:17:31 <joanie> anyone have something?
14:17:38 <clown> not from me.
14:18:02 <jjmarin> me neither
14:18:03 <jhernandez> joanie: is there any place I can find current proposals?
14:18:16 <jhernandez> a11y-related, ofc
14:18:17 <joanie> clown knows where that lives
14:18:27 <joanie> I always have to search
14:18:37 * clown looks it up
14:18:38 <joanie> clown: you have the uri handy?
14:18:41 <joanie> thanks!
14:18:56 <jhernandez> https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirteen/Features
14:19:00 <clown> https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirteen/Features/
14:19:08 <clown> you beat me again, jhernandez.
14:19:35 <joanie> so, it's slim at the moment
14:19:51 <joanie> further comments/questions on this particular point?
14:20:28 * joanie takes that as a "no"
14:20:37 <joanie> #topic Plans for 3.14: Other stuff?
14:20:41 <joanie> anyone?
14:21:03 <jjmarin> clown, are you the one working in the titing thing
14:21:03 <mgorse> nothing really from me
14:21:05 <jjmarin> ?
14:21:19 <jjmarin> tinting
14:21:22 <clown> jjmarin:  I have no cycle for that (yet).
14:21:39 <clown> Last I left it, I had discussed UI with Alan
14:21:53 <clown> But, that disussion focussed on UI for tracking more.
14:22:09 <clown> Which didn't make to the 3.14 feature list.
14:22:39 <clown> it's low priority (because of time), but I should touch base with Alan again, and maybe take a stab at the glade for his UI.
14:23:20 <clown> the glade for the tining UI, I mean.
14:23:39 <clown> should I summarize that in an info?
14:23:43 <joanie> sure
14:24:27 <clown> #info Joseph will consider looking for a slice of time to try to create the UI for tinting based on Alan's wire frames, and discuss further with Alan.
14:24:32 <clown> done.
14:24:37 <joanie> thanks!
14:24:41 <joanie> others?
14:24:41 <clown> wlcm
14:25:00 <jjmarin> the summary rocks :-)
14:25:05 <joanie> heh
14:25:12 <joanie> ok, moving on then
14:25:14 <clown> let's roll.
14:25:20 <joanie> #topic W3C updates
14:25:26 <joanie> clown: floor is yours
14:25:29 <clown> time for more rockin' summaries.
14:25:55 <clown> #info Two features of aria 1.1 from this weeks teleconference.
14:26:14 <clown> #info 1.  Add a role that captures the "generic" nature of <div> and <span>
14:26:40 <clown> #info this is to provide that kind of role for markup languages that do not have a <div> or <span> element.
14:27:16 <clown> #info 2.  Currently aria-busy is only allowed on live regions, e.g. a status line, or a marquee.
14:27:39 <clown> #info In 1.1 we want to allow it to be used elsewhere.
14:28:09 <clown> #info but, actually, the 1.0 spec says that aria-busy is a global and can be used on any element regardless of role.
14:28:43 <clown> #info so this is mostly correcting some text about live regions that was misguided in the 1.0 spec.
14:28:50 <clown> done, questions?
14:28:58 <joanie> thanks! (none from me)
14:29:51 <joanie> and everyone else seems to be stunned by the brilliant, rockin' nature of your summary ;)
14:29:59 <joanie> #topic Marketing
14:30:00 <clown> indeed.
14:30:03 <joanie> jjmarin: your turn
14:30:11 <jjmarin> #info Juanjo's updated the AT-SPI entry in the wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT-SPI
14:30:20 <jjmarin> Now, mgorse is in the wikipedia :-)
14:30:27 <joanie> he's famous!
14:30:37 <jjmarin> #info Added links to GNOME-related source code repositories in https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility/
14:30:50 <jjmarin> You can take a look to check if something is wrong, missing or whatever
14:31:00 <jjmarin> #info Juanjo has to finish the article for the annual report, WIP. https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2014/A11yReport
14:31:01 <joanie> jjmarin: btw, dots is pretty much dead I think
14:31:51 <jjmarin> maybe we can have in the freedge for a little bit more of time or it si definitely dead ?
14:31:56 <mgorse> Oh, awesome. I never got back to you, jjmarin. I'm really sorry. I should look at the entry, anyhow
14:32:19 <joanie> jjmarin: it's been smelling funny for a while now
14:32:28 <joanie> but you can leave it if you want
14:32:36 <jhernandez> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO;product=dots
14:32:43 <jjmarin> mgorse: ok, tell me if something is wrong :-)
14:33:27 <jjmarin> I'll send you a message for reviewing the article for the annual report
14:33:34 <jjmarin> I want to get it ready ASAP:-)
14:33:47 <clown> jjmarin:  reading your annual report.  what is the "new a11y menu"?
14:34:19 <jjmarin> only 5 bugs, this app is nearly bug free :-)
14:34:29 <clown> lol
14:34:30 <jhernandez> jjmarin: xDDD
14:34:57 <joanie> jjmarin: I think we'll want to tweak the evince-related text
14:35:01 <clown> Fernando Herrera is in charge of dots according to  NODE_ENV=myConfig node node_modules/kettle/lib/init.js configs/
14:35:07 <clown> whoops.
14:35:11 <clown> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=dots
14:35:12 <jhernandez> clown: haha
14:35:15 <jhernandez> nice kettle app
14:35:15 <jjmarin> https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/SystemSettings/UniversalAccess
14:35:25 <clown> thanks jjmarin.
14:35:32 <clown> yes, it is a nice brew, jhernandez.
14:35:36 <joanie> jjmarin: when is the deadline?
14:36:08 <jjmarin> I think I am over the date :-/
14:36:11 <joanie> ugh
14:36:22 <joanie> can it wait until fearless leader is back from holidays?
14:36:23 <jjmarin> but this is normal in the annual report
14:36:32 <jjmarin> yes, we can wait
14:36:38 <joanie> it's normal with everything in gnome ;)
14:36:41 <joanie> thanks
14:36:47 <joanie> please ping us both next week
14:36:57 <jjmarin> ok, I'll do
14:37:08 <joanie> thanks!
14:37:18 <joanie> anything else to discuss for marketing?
14:37:24 <jjmarin> nope
14:37:27 <joanie> k
14:37:33 <joanie> #topic Miscellaneous Time
14:37:41 <joanie> floor belongs to whoever wants it
14:38:07 <jjmarin> holidays meetings are always slick :-)
14:38:28 <joanie> any meeting where I am chairing tends to go quickly ;)
14:38:37 <jjmarin> hehe
14:38:43 <clown> joanie should chair the aria meetings...
14:38:50 <joanie> heh
14:38:51 <joanie> no thanks
14:38:52 <jhernandez> hah
14:39:18 <jjmarin> Spanish parlament also needs joanie's
14:39:29 <jhernandez> jjmarin: was thinking the same ... :/
14:39:35 * joanie grins
14:39:36 <jjmarin> hehe
14:39:42 <joanie> ok, on that note....
14:39:46 <joanie> #endmeeting